Information we collect
We collect the following information when you make a purchase on the website or fill in the contact form:
- Name and address
- Contact information including email address
- Payment method
- Any other information you may provide relevant to a customer query
Why we need your information and how we use it
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- As needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support
- When you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for a mailing list
- If necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by HMRC for tax purposes
- As necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving my services.
Payment is made securely through PayPal - at no point during the purchase process do we have access to your bank account or card details.
We use Google Analytics to measure traffic to our site and understand how users move around and use our service. We use this information to enhance the site and service we provide to ensure that users get the best experience possible. All of the information we collect from Google Analytics is aggregate and will not be disclosed with any other third parties.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
Service providers: I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
Compliance with laws: I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I believe that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
Access: You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
Change, restrict, delete: You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Except in exceptional circumstances (such as where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
Object: You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
Complain: If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Tracy Smith, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternately, you may write to me at:
Tracy Smith, Cinnamon Jewellery, 25 Sidley Road, Eastbourne, East Sussex, BN22 7JL, UK
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Cinnamon Jewellery’s prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to UK laws.